Yoga is not just exercising for good health it is a way of life. It is a combination of a dedicated lifestyle of different meditation techniques, exercise regime, healthy eating habits and social interaction and work. Yoga is an ancient tradition followed by people to keep themselves healthy.
The Yoga asanas or pose have different names according to the postures in which they are done- standing, seated, twist, backbends, arm balances, inversions, and core holds. Different yoga asanas have different physical benefits and should be learned according to your body type. Yoga helps to calm the brain, energize the body, improve digestion, strengthen the muscles and bones, controls blood pressure, and diabetes. Most of the postures give these benefits.
Apart from that, some basic and common benefits that yoga provides to us are as follows-
- Lowers stress and improves your mood– Meditation techniques involved in yoga methods focus on breathing to quieten and give peace to the constant mind chatter. This results in relieving stress and feel relaxed. Deep breathing and meditation techniques also boost oxygen levels to the brain which makes you feel happier and more satisfied with everyday life.
- Boost confidence– Apart from progressing on spiritual values meditation also helps in increasing confidence. The yoga process works to release tension from the mind which results in making you feel confident about your whole personality. It also helps to establish an internal connection with yourself without any anxiety or shortcomings. This reflects the perception of your way of seeing life and helps to make your relationships better, improves compassion, and self-awareness.
- Lowers the risk of injury– Strenuous exercises like running, gymming involves rapid, forceful movements. The risk of injury is high because of maximum and increased muscle tension. Yoga is a process that unites the body and the mind for fitness. There is no risk of any injury.
- Helps to lose weight– Being overweight can bring lots of diseases in the body like diabetes, blood pressure, heart problems, etc. Practising yoga, on a regular basis, helps to relax the body and mind to destress and contributes to losing weight immensely and naturally.
- Increases flexibility– People are under the impression that only flexible people can do yoga, but, irrespective of how tight your muscles may be, practising yoga helps to stretch the muscles and make your body flexible. The soft tissues, ligaments, and tendons in the body are also stretched which helps in increasing the range of motion in the joints and provide better mobility.
One benefit leads to another. Yoga is a healthy way of life to keep your body and mind in sync as well as in peace. Many ailments are healed naturally by practising yoga regularly. It is imperative for everyone to imbibe yoga in their daily routine for a healthy life.