Fruits are one amazing thing, full of vitamins, fibre, antioxidants and loads of nutrients
Yet not all fruits are equal and maybe higher in calories than others. If you think that high-calorie fruits are bad for you then you are mistaken. It all depends on your fitness goal and the choice you make to eat a fruit. The quantity of intake also matters. A few fruits that are high in calories are as follows-
1) Dry fruits- In general fruits stand to be low in calories because of its high content of water but dry fruits have all the water removed left with lots of calories raisins dates Wings or dry fruits which are very high on calories.
2) Avocado- Calorie comes from carbs and most of the fruits are high in carbs. Avocado is a different fruit as they are all so high in fat. It is said that a gram of fat contains more calories than a gram of carbohydrates. Avocado is able to serve more calories than other fruits. 240 calories make a single cup of avocado. Avocado is rich in 20 types of vitamin and minerals and considered to be a superfood.
3) Coconut flesh- Coconut can be consumed in many forms like coconut water, coconut milk, coconut cream. Each of them has different caloric and nutritional values. Coconut cream would be much higher in calories than coconut water. Most of the calories are contained in the coconut flesh. Technically coconut does not fall into the fruit category but is close enough.
4) Banana- Banana is a fruit which is sweet with a smooth texture and high in calories. It has a flavour that blends with other foods easily. It is cheap and available around the year. There is no specific banana season as it grows all the time. The fruit is rich in potassium and Vitamin B6 yet being high in calories it is a highly recommended fruit for the most diet conscious people.
5) Mangoes- Mangoes are a sweet tropical fruit which is high in calorie and goes well with other tropical fruits such as oranges, bananas and papayas. It is also fibrous in nature. This fruit is rich in vitamin C and a cup of mangoes gives you a 100 calories.
6) Grapefruit- Being a watery fruit, grapefruit is always mistaken to be low in calories but the sugar content in the grapefruit is equal to 100 calories making it a high-calorie fruit. Grapefruits are rich in vitamin C and help to lower cholesterol levels.
7) Blueberries- Berries are the healthiest kind of fruits but blueberries are very much high in calories than other berries. It is considered to be a superfood as it helps the heart, the brain, the immune system, the blood, to stay healthy. They are a very tasty fruit. A cup of blueberries is equivalent to 85 calories.
Fruits eaten in the right quantity and proportion do not harm you. On the contrary, even if a fruit is high in calories they give you supplements of different vitamins, minerals and nutrients important for your body.