Having a health problem is quite common these days, especially the ones related to the skin
The most common problem related to the skin is strawberry legs. Some of you might have heard about this problem, but most people will be surprised by the name or hear it for the first time in their life. Thus, here we are providing you a brief about strawberry legs.
What are the strawberry legs?
The patient suffering from strawberry legs may have dark spots on his or her legs. The problem is named as strawberry legs because the spots look precisely like the seeds of the strawberry.
What are the main causes of strawberry Legs?
There may be several causes of strawberry legs such as:
- Folliculitis: The most common problem of folliculitis occurs due to skin infection. Earlier, the folliculitis looks like pimples, found around the hair and then they turn into tiny pockets. Such problem causes itchiness and can result in sores.
- Shaving: Shaving is pretty much common, and most people do it to get rid of unwanted hair. But, in case, a person shaves using an old, unbranded and dull razor, it can cause strawberry legs.
- Keratosis Pilaris: The keratosis prone body areas are thighs and upper arms. Initially, they look like a regular pimple or a goose bump. The main reason behind the occurrence of keratosis pilaris has dead and dry skin. They can be itchy and hard to touch. The problem of the Keratosis Pilaris occurs majorly during the winter season as compared to the summer season because during the winter the skin gets dried.
- Having excess dry skin: Having dry skin can also be the cause of strawberry legs. If you have dry skin, then after shaving, your skin can have red patches which might get rise to strawberry legs.
What are the possible symptoms of strawberry legs?
As we have discussed that in case of strawberry legs, your legs may have red colored dots. Apart from that few symptoms are:
- The opened pores inside the legs will get dark.
- You may have the brown or the black colored spots on your leg.
- After all these, the problem of the itching, irritation gets started
What are the various treatments for the strawberry legs?
- If you are shaving, then make a habit of applying lotion after that. If you have excessively dry skin, then try to use the moisturizer on a daily basis to avoid the problem of strawberry legs.
- Use all those skin care products that are having salicylic acid or the glycolic acid in that.
If still, the problem persists then consult the specialist. After observing the whole condition, he will suggest whether you can go for laser treatment or electrolysis therapy.