Obesity is one of the most threatened problems being faced by people around the globe
It causes many associated health problems such as diabetes, blood pressure, high cholesterol. Obesity has become an epidemic taking people under its claw and causing significant health problems. To fight obesity and put down weight we need to change your eating habits along with adding exercises and fitness regime to your daily lives.
Eating habits cannot be changed in a day especially if you are a foodie. You need to cut down on fats, sugar, and carbs and start having high protein foods. We give you a list of some foods that can cater to your taste buds along with helping you to reach your weight loss goals.
- Salads– The thought of just leaves can seem tedious, but leafy greens are high in vitamin C and antioxidants. Green leaves added with tomatoes and cucumbers with the touch of herbs give you tasty and low-calorie salads. It is imperative to remember while preparing a salad that its base should be healthy. Adding too much of salt or sugar in the dressing may increase the calorie count. Yogurt dressing is another option for a low-calorie salad.
- Apples- Apple is a fruit that contains a substance called pectin which keeps your stomach full of for a longer time. Apples take time to be eaten and end up tricking the brain to believe that your stomach is full. Apples can be added to the salad or in your breakfast with a combination to yogurt, oats or muesli. Apples can be eaten with chicken, turkey or sandwich to give a touch of sweetness to balance the protein content.
- Strawberries- Strawberries are a wholesome fruit with all the flavors you want, loads of antioxidants and Vitamin C. A one whole cup of strawberries would give you hardly 50 calories. A little-beaten yogurt or cereal or salad blended together, gives you variations to have strawberry.
- Oatmeal- Oatmeals along with the combination of Chia seeds the superfood absorbs a lot of water. It is a high fiber content food which is excellent to do away with hunger pangs without giving your body many calories. Having oatmeal with fresh fruit and yogurt would be a perfect way to start your day.
- Eggs- The egg whites are high in protein content giving you fewer calories. The yolk of the egg is also very high in protein. Eating them boiled, half boiled or scrambled without oil or butter would give you around just 80 calories to the body. Oil or butter added to eggs increases the calorie count drastically.
- Popcorn- Having popcorn does not mean the ones that are available at the new movie theatres or the ready to make microwave popcorns as they have loaded with butter and cheese powder homemade popcorn without any oil or butter would give you only 30 calories a cup. A dash of salt and seasoning would make it tastier. A tasty snack to overcome hunger pangs.
These are foods which are readily available to you anywhere and anytime. Adding it to your daily diet and doing away with foods having fats, carbs, and sugar would help you tastily achieve your weight loss goals.